Where should I work?
It’s perhaps the #1 question for most multipotentialites, at least at some point in your journey, and for many an ongoing struggle and challenge. Even if we find a job we enjoy that suits our lifestyle and interests, how long will we be able to sustain that? What would happen if, for any reason, the job disappears or stops making sense: what are the chances that you could find something similar?
These are existential questions, compounded by the fact that they may need to be resolved more than once.
Fortunately, in 2021, some determined and helpful puttypeep took it upon themselves to set up a structured process to help multipotentialites with their job searching, in the form of an official group, the “Job Search Support Group.” With 78 members, it has become a tremendously valuable resource and one of the most vibrant components of the Puttyverse.
Co-Facilitators Antonia, Elaine and Sónia join Vanessa in today’s episode of The MultiPod to chat about the group’s development, how it has impacted so many people, and how it continues to grow and evolve.
The group is structured around two streams: the “Discovery” stream and the “Landing the Job” stream. With coaching sessions interspersed between both. The two streams were born out of the initial discussions on what people wanted:
- Discovering what your ideal job is, what you would like to do, what are your strengths, and how to find a job that suits you.
- Finding social and emotional support for job searching.
Having just passed one year as a group, with 11 coaches and 2 facilitators, at least 14 members have now found work that they enjoy, while others are moving along well in the process. The group is putting more and more emphasis on the monthly drop-in huddles as a way to connect and maintain momentum.
Find your confidence, and know that you’re not alone!
The Job Search Support Group helps you find what it takes to feel ready: gaining self-knowledge and awareness to follow each step. Remember to listen to your own voice.
You can find the job that’s right for you!
All of our episodes can be streamed here. Or you can find and subscribe to the show on your favourite podcast app.
You’re about to Learn…
- How the group started.
- The milestones the group has reached.
- What multipotentialites struggle with in the job search.
- What multipotentialites can do to make their job search easier and land a job.
- That many multipotentialites have similar experiences in their job searches and how they can learn from each other.
- Why the job search support group is an essential and needed part of the Puttyverse – especially for networking.
- What is an “umbrella job” and how is it a good solution for a multipotentialite?