Do you see yourself as a creative person? What does creativity actually mean to you?
In this The MultiPod episode, Sara speaks with Iris about creativity and The Artist’s Way, a popular book by Julia Cameron that helps people reconnect with their creative nature. Iris is a fellow puttypeep, and she started a Puttyverse group called The Artist’s Way Everyday, in which they have an ongoing conversation about creativity.
Iris was born with complicated health issues, but she sees them as a gift to be able to be a full-time creative. In this conversation, you’ll get to meet her and learn about her beautiful perspective on health and creativity.
You’re About to Learn …
- How creativity can improve your health.
- How to use creativity for more joy and less stress.
- The power of thinking outside the box.
- How to deal with creative block.
- How we could build a better culture around creativity.
Topics & Timestamps
- [1:56] Learning about Iris
- [8:52] How creative education can help introverts
- [12:14] What does creativity mean to you? “Creativity is a gift that everyone is given, but not everyone chooses to use it.”
- [13:34] Companies that don’t invest in creativity are likely to disappear
- [14:53] Creativity as a play mindset and how adults loose creativity when they forget about it
- [16:38] General thoughts about having a creative mindset
- [19:53] Creating for yourself vs. for an audience and how that can affect the sense of purpose
- [24:01] Dealing with creative block and how different creative disciplines feed each other
- [28:56] About The Artist’s Way
- [33:33] The Artist Way Everyday Puttyverse group
- [34:23] How the creative journey is different for everyone
- [25:17] The point of creativity and the conscious choice of living creatively
- [37:51] Things that block creativity and how to be successful with creativity
- [40:22] How we can build a better culture around creativity
- [42:12] Are technology and screens going to affect future generations’ creativity?
- [49:20] Puttypeep profiles of the week